Best Memory Foam Mattress Topper For Side Sleepers- Guide 2023
One of the most important considerations when purchasing a mattress is how it will feel once it has broken in. Therefore, you should invest your valuable money to get the best memory foam mattress topper for side sleepers.
Are you a side sleeper? Does your mattress topper provide enough support and cushioning for your body type and sleeping style? If not, you should be. Because Sleeping on your side is the healthiest way to sleep.
But, if you are already a side sleeper and you’re having trouble during sleep because your current mattress is uncomfortable for you, you need the best memory foam mattress topper and pillow.
It requires a mattress topper that does not sink too much when the side sleeper lay on it. This memory foam mattress is firm enough to help with the alignment of your spine.
However, you need that kind of mattress topper that gives you ultimate comfort to get the much-needed rest you need. But how do you choose one that ensures this?
Reasons to choose the best memory foam mattress topper and pillow for side sleepers:
Side sleeping refers to sleeping on your left or right sides. It’s a trendy position as it allows you to breathe better at night and can help reduce acid reflux and snoring.
However, while it provides numerous health benefits, sleeping on your side comes with its particular challenges—which is why it’s necessary to find a memory foam mattress that caters to the needs of the side sleeping? Here are some reasons to take into consideration.
When you think about the best memory foam mattress for side sleepers, you need first to understand what side sleeping is all about. People who like to sleep at night on their side know that they engage in a relaxing and refreshing activity.
Most people choose to sleep on their side because it is accessible on the hips, shoulders, and back. A good memory foam mattress topper or pillow will help reduce the pressure that this action can cause.
Getting a mattress topper that supports your body, memory, relieves pressure points, and keeps you moving freely throughout the night is essential to getting the restful side sleep.
Mattresses are not cheap; therefore, you should invest in a high-quality product that will last long. The market has many different mattresses that come in various sizes and shapes.
It would help if you chose a model that suits your needs. Here is a list of simple tips and things to remember while choosing the best memory foam mattress for side sleepers.
- Softness of mattress
- The most critical factor in choosing the best memory foam or any other best mattress for side sleepers is its support for your back and spine.
- Since your body weight is concentrated on one area of the body when you sleep on your side, you should have a mattress with enough support to keep your spine aligned properly throughout the night.
- If you have a small space in your bedroom, the side sleepers may want to go with a memory foam mattress with a skinny layer of foam on top of it.
- If you have a larger space in your bedroom, the side sleepers should consider getting a memory foam mattress with a thicker layer of foam on top of it to support your weight better.
- Once you have decided the thickness of the layer of foam on top of the mattress, you need to make sure that the material is breathable so that your body does not feel hot when sleeping on it.
Size and density:
- The density of a mattress will determine how strong it is and how much support it provides for the side sleepers .
- While picking the right memory mattress, size is crucial for everyone. It’s imperative for side sleepers because it affects the number of pressure points a sleeper has on his body.
- If a side sleeper does not get enough width of space, his shoulders will hurt from being pressed against the edge of the bed.
- You should always make sure that your bed is at least several inches wider than your shoulder span.
- The size of your bed is a crucial factor that determines the type of memory mattress you should purchase. You can choose from king-size, queen-size, full size, twin XL and twin mattresses.
- If you are addicted to sleeping on one side of the bed, buying a twin or twin XL memory foam mattress is advisable.
- These beds are wide enough to accommodate all body sizes, and they have sufficient space for two people to sleep comfortably on them.
- If you have a partner who also sleeps on their side, make sure that there is enough room for both of you to not wake each other up with accidental jabs and kicks.
Firm and softness:
- It would be perfect if you had a firm mattress when you want to avoid distortion of the spine and want to maintain a straight posture while sleeping.
- Firm mattresses are best for side sleepers because they are not as stiff as their counterparts. They have been designed to provide support and comfort for the back, neck, buttocks and legs.
- You need to remember whether or not you want a soft or firm mattress; if you want something firmer, then a memory foam mattress would be ideal for you.
Best memory foam mattresses topper for side sleepers of the year:
Most people spend 1/3 of their lives in bed, so it’s essential to have a mattress that will keep you comfortable. We affirm that everyone deserves a better sleep experience, and we’re committed to making sure they get it.
This guide explores the best memory foam mattress topper for side sleepers. It’s an affordable, comfortable, and cooling option that can help relieve pressure points, making it an excellent choice for side sleepers.
We’ll look at the best-rated, the best value, and the best budget options for memory mattress for side sleepers.
Nectar memory foam mattress:
Memory foam mattress conforms to your body, providing superior support, relieving pressure points and creating a personalised sleeping experience. That makes Nectar an excellent choice for side, back and stomach sleepers.
Nectar mattresses are the hottest selling bed in a box online. They provide the facilities of;
They offer a 365-night trial, free shipping and returns, plus a forever warranty for under $700.
Density and support:
The Nectar offers medium-firm support with a gel memory foam layer on top and a high-density base foam that provides support and prevents sagging over.
Layers of Nectar memory foam mattress:
- The Nectar mattress is an 11″ thick memory foam mattress constructed of 4 layers.
- The topper layer is a quilted gel memory foam that gives a lovely plush feel to the top of the mattress while still being quite supportive for the side sleepers.
- The second and third layers are both 2″ of gel memory foam. These two layers give you the classic memory foam feel of body contouring and pressure relief while sleeping on your side.
- The fourth, or bottom layer, is a 7″ high-density polyfoam base layer that supports the other three comfort layers while giving the mattress a flat foundation.
You can replace the mattress with a new Nectar memory foam within ten years. After completing this duration, you will have to pay a charge for its replacement or recovery.
The Nectar mattress is best for:
- Those looking for an affordable all-foam mattress
- Side sleepers that want pressure relief and support
- Memory foam feels without heat retention.
Heli midnight memory foam and mattress:
The Helix Midnight Luxe is a bed-in-a-box hybrid memory mattress that can be customised to suit the needs and preferences of side sleepers.
- It comes in six different versions, each with a different firmness level.
- You can also customise your mattress even further by choosing three extra firmness options for side sleeping.
- The mattress features pocketed coils and multiple layers of foam, including gel memory foam and latex-like foam. Its cover contains breathable Tencel fibres.
The Helix Midnight Luxe is available in three different thicknesses:
- Ten inches, 12 inches, or 14 inches. The mattress’s 10-inch version has a medium-firm feel, while the 12- and 14-inch versions have a medium feel (5).
- The Helix Midnight Luxe’s coil layer contains multiple coils. Nearly 1,000 individually wrapped coils offer targeted support and reduce motion transfer.
- This layer helps prevent sagging and increases the longevity of the mattress.
- The foam mattress layers conform to your figure/structure and provide pressure relief, while the latex-like foam provides bounce and air circulation for side sleeping.
- The Tencel cover of memory mattress is soft to the touch and helps keep side sleepers cool at night by wicking away moisture.
The Helix midnight memory foam and mattress have 10 to 15 years of warranty according to the standard and premium size of the mattress for side sleeping.
Tempur-Pedic Tempur-Adapt Mattress:
The Tempur-Pedic Tempur-Adapt is a memory foam mattress. This mattress comes in three firmness options.
Each option has slightly different features.
All the memory foam mattress versions use high-density support foam and a cover made from polyester and spandex for side sleepers.
The Medium is best for average body types and side sleepers who prefer some contouring from their mattress.
The Soft one is ideal for lighter sleepers who feel pressure points on firmer mattresses.
The Firm version of this mattress works best for heavier sleepers or side sleepers who need more support under their shoulders and hips.
The Tempur-Adapt is one of the most budget-friendly options in the Tempur-Pedic line for side sleepers.
The mattress has a medium feel and can be used with various foundation types, including an adjustable bed base.
If you don’t like it or find any fault in it, there is no need to be disturbed because you can back this product with a warranty of 10 years.
Advantages of best memory foam pillow for side sleepers:
The best pillows for side sleepers are made of memory foam, a material that contours to the form and size of your head and neck. Memory foam pillows can come in different shapes and densities, depending on your needs.
Side-sleeping is one of the best and most comfortable sleeping positions because it helps alleviate pressure on your spine and promotes proper alignment of the muscles around your back, neck, and shoulders.
However, it is also essential to find a pillow with the right height, density, and support to enjoy these health benefits being a side sleeper.
The best pillows for side sleepers are supportive without being too firm or low-density, as this will not allow for proper pressure relief.
Memory foam pillows are a good option for side sleepers because they balance support, density, and conformity to head and neck shape.
Here is a shortlist of the top five best pillows for side sleeper memory foam;
- Best for scruff’s Pain – Eli & Elm Cotton Side-Sleeper Pillow
- Best Custom Firmness – Marlow Pillow
- Softest – Birch Organic Pillow
- Best Luxury – Boll & Branch Down Pillow
- Best Overall – Layla Kapok Pillow
- Best Neck Support – Saatva Latex Pillow
- Best worth – Sweet Zzz Plant-Based Pillow
- Best freezing/cool – GhostBed GhostPillow – Memory Foam
You can find Best Memory Foam Mattress Topper For Side Sleepers and pillows that vary in density, thickness, and firmness.
This article aims to show readers and side sleepers a variety of mattress toppers and pillow options so they can eliminate their choices and choose the best one that will meet their needs.
By giving you all this information, the user can investigate further and decide what they want. Our expert opinion, however, goes with nectar memory foam mattress for its outstanding features.