Dyson v6 vs v8
Do you find yourself perplexed when it comes to distinguishing between the Dyson V6 vs V8 models? You are not alone in this dilemma!
Despite their exceptional performance, the abundance of alternatives can be a source of confusion. We have prepared a comprehensive comparison of the Dyson V6 and V8 models to aid you in making the best choice.
When the originator of Dyson vacuum cleaners, James Dyson, presented the DC series to the world, it altered the perspective of how cordless vacuums are perceived.
This shift introduced a new level of flexibility and suction power that had not been previously observed. The market has experienced significant change since the release of the first Dyson DC35.
There have been subsequent iterations of the original Dyson design, with the Dyson V6 and V8 being the most advanced versions, thanks to their unique characteristics and high-performance rates.
List of The Best Dyson v6 and v8 vacuum models:
If you’re in the market for a new cordless vacuum, you may be wondering, the Dyson V6 vs V8 which is better:
Here are the few models of v6 and v8 vacuum cleaners being offered by Dyson;
- Dyson V6 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, purple
- Dyson V6 Cord-Free Stick Vacuum Cleaner, White
- Dyson V8 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, Iron
- Dyson (214730-01) V8 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, Yellow
Dyson V6 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, purple
This cord-free and hassle-free vacuum cleaner boasts 150% more brush bar power than its competitors.
It’s designed to efficiently clean carpets, hard floors, and tight spaces without the restrictions of cords.
Say goodbye to tangled cords and enjoy the freedom of easy maneuvering with this powerful cordless vacuum cleaner.
This vacuum cleaner offers up to 20 minutes of uninterrupted suction power. Its trigger release function provides instant and effortless cleaning, making it easy to operate with just one hand.
Moreover, the battery power is solely dedicated to cleaning, ensuring that it is used efficiently without any wastage.
The cleaner head with direct-drive technology is designed to push the bristles deeper into the carpet, resulting in the removal of even more dirt particles.
This advanced technology in Dyson v6 ensures that no dust or debris is left behind, giving you a thorough and efficient cleaning experience.
The mini motorized tool is specifically designed to eliminate pet hair and tough ground-in dirt from surfaces.
This powerful tool effectively removes the most stubborn dirt and hair from your floors, carpets, and furniture.
With its advanced technology, it ensures that no trace of dirt or pet hair is left behind, giving you a clean and fresh living space.
No more pet hair and stubborn dirt with this mini motorized tool included in this Dyson v6 vacuum cleaner.
- Assembling it is a breeze, simply click a few times and you’re finished.
- It seems more similar to a hair dryer rather than a vacuum cleaner in terms of its sound.
- Operating it is a breeze – just pull the trigger to turn it on and release the trigger to turn it off.
- There is no low power warning, as it simply shuts off when the battery runs out.
- It is wireless! You no longer need to bend over to plug or unplug it, nor move it to another power outlet.
- It can reach underneath most furniture to tidy up areas that are often neglected during routine cleaning.
- Additionally, it is lightweight and user-friendly, making it effortless to handle.
- When it comes to storage, the most difficult part was mounting the charging dock, but you can just use the cable if you prefer.
- The filter comes off effortlessly.
- Although the intention is for the dirt to be easily emptied, it can be difficult to remove at times.
Dyson V6 Cord-Free Stick Vacuum Cleaner, White
When considering the Dyson V6 vs V8, it’s important to weigh factors such as price, performance, and features to determine which model best suits your needs.
The dyson v6 vacuum is cordless and easy to use. Its washable lifetime filter means that it’s simple to maintain. The maximum suction power in this is rated at 100 AW.
This vacuum can provide up to 20 minutes of continuous suction. Its trigger releases instantly and the battery power is only utilized while cleaning.
Additionally, has an ergonomically designed handle for comfortable use. The vacuum’s motorized cleaner head is suitable for all floor types.
Its stiff nylon bristles are effective in removing ground-in dirt from carpets, while the carbon fiber filaments work well to remove fine dust from hard floors.
The bristles in this vacuum cover the full width of the head, allowing for edge-to-edge cleaning.
- The vacuum is lightweight and the long tube is incredibly helpful.
- Collects dust from even small spaces and corners.
- Installing the holder is simple and requires only a screwdriver.
- This vacuum includes a washable filter that can be air-dried and easily reinserted.
- It is highly effective on various surfaces, including tiles, hardwood, rugs, and even carpet.
- The device also features a ‘Max’ mode that provides extra suction power.
- The device’s superior ergonomics and weight make it effortless to perform quick and easy cleaning.
- The plastic used in the wall mount seems to be thin, which could make it more susceptible to breaking easily.
- Regardless of how well-maintained the device is, hair or debris will inevitably find its way into the head and cause the brush roll to stop spinning.
- Unfortunately, there’s no way to access the interior of the machine for cleaning purpose
Dyson V8 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, Iron
This product is cordless and easy to use, with strong suction power and a filter that can be washed and used for a long time.
It can run for up to 40 minutes when using a non-motorized tool, and is lightweight and versatile for cleaning around the home.
The battery power is only used when it’s cleaning, thanks to an instant release trigger. Before the first use, it needs to be charged for at least 4 hours.
This product comes with a direct drive cleaner head and can provide up to 8 minutes of strong, consistent power in Max mode.
The Dyson V6 vs V8 comparison reveals that the V8 comes with more accessories and attachments than the V6, making it a more versatile cleaning tool.
Its stiff nylon bristles are designed to dig deep into carpets to remove dirt and debris. It’s particularly suited for households with pets.
Its whole machine filtration system captures allergens and ensures that the air expelled is cleaner than the air you breathe.
When used with the motorized floor tool, it can work for up to 25 minutes before needing to be recharged.
This product is powered by the Dyson digital motor V8 and is designed to effectively pick up dirt and dust from both hard floors and carpets.
It has 150% more brush bar power than the Dyson V6 cordless vacuum. The bin can be emptied in a hygienic way without needing to touch the dirt, and has a capacity of 0.14 gallons.
- This product is lightweight, and user-friendly.
- It can handle hardwood floors and area rugs just as well as a larger vacuum would.
- Even though the cylinder appears small, it has a large enough capacity to hold plenty of debris.
- Additionally, the swirling action inside ensures that everything is compacted tightly.
- The vacuum has a lighter suction option which allows for a longer running time.
- The suction power may appear light because the unit runs quietly, but in reality, it’s perfectly adequate.
- The maximum power setting is particularly impressive.
- The vacuum is able to swivel in a complete circle, making it very agile.
- Poor battery life.
- It also encounters the issue of long hair becoming tangled around the vacuum.
- Holding the trigger down for extended periods of time can be painful for hands.
Dyson (214730-01) V8 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, Yellow
This device is cordless, hassle-free, and has powerful suction capabilities. When using a non-motorized tool, it can run for up to 40 minutes. The suction power in ‘Max’ mode is 115 AW.
This device is lightweight and versatile, making it perfect for easy home cleaning. Its instant release trigger ensures that battery power is only used during cleaning.
Before first use, it must be charged for a minimum of 4 hours. The soft roller cleaner head provides up to 30 minutes of fade-free power.
The direct drive cleaner head offers up to 8 minutes of fade-free power in Max mode and features stiff nylon bristles that drive deep into carpets to capture embedded dirt.
While the Dyson V6 vs V8 comparison shows that both models have HEPA filtration, the V8 has a more advanced system. The washable lifetime filter ensures efficient filtration.
The device is powered by the Dyson digital motor V8 and is designed to effectively pick up ground-in dirt and fine dust from both hard floors and carpets.
- The device is ready to use within seconds and is simple to assemble by clicking the parts together.
- The device is highly maneuverable, and its articulated heads make cleaning corners and around furniture legs effortless.
- The wall mount is designed thoughtfully and with great attention to detail.
- To empty the canister, you simply lift one lever and then lift the large mechanism at the top of the unit, which automatically opens the bottom of the canister and releases all the collected dirt into your garbage can.
- The device’s convenience factor is high, as it eliminates the need to bring out a large, plug-in vacuum every time you need to clean.
- With this device, you can clean in short bursts whenever necessary.
- The filters need 24 hours to get cleaned.
- The cost of replacing the battery alone is one-third the price of buying a brand new vacuum, which seems unreasonable.
Comparison of dyson v6 and v8 models:
Wondering which Dyson vacuum is right for you? Let’s compare the dyson V6 vs V8 models side by side.
|Features||Dyson V6 Animal Cordless||Dyson V6 Cord-Free||Dyson V8 Animal Cordless||Dyson V8 absolute|
|Distinguishing characteristic||cordless, bagless, Cord-free, Hassle-free||cordless, bagless, Hassle-free.||Lightweight, Cordless, Washable Filter||cordless, 2 Tier Radial cyclone, bagless|
|Type of surface to be used on||Hard Floor, Carpets, Carpet, Floor||Carpets,Floor||Hard Floor, Carpet||Hard Floor, Carpet|
|Source of energy||Corded Electric, Battery Powered||Battery Powered||Battery Powered||Battery Powered|
|Other elements||Battery, Crevice tool, Brush||Instruction Guide, Battery||Battery, HEPA Filter, Brush||Cleaner Head, Crevice Tool, Mini Motorized Tool, Docking Station, Combination Tool, Charger, Mini Dusting Brush|
|Wattage||100 watts||100 watts||120 watts||350 watts|
|Running duration||20 minutes||20 minutes||40 minutes||40 minutes|
|Features||Dyson V6 Cord-Free||Dyson V8 absolute|
|Easy to assemble||✓||✓|
|Ease of cleaning the vacuum||✓||✘|
|Extra suction power||✘||✓|
|Features||Dyson V6 Animal Cordless||Dyson V8 Animal Cordless|
|Effective battery timings||✓||✘|
|Great suction power||✘||✓|
Key differences between Dyson V6 and v8:
When comparing the Dyson V6 vs V8, there are a few key differences to keep in mind;
- One of the main differences between the Dyson V6 and V8 is the battery life, with the latter offering significantly more run time.
- A V6 engine is smaller than a V8 engine, which makes it more rigid and durable due to its shorter length and stiffer crankshaft. On the other hand, a V8 engine is technically smoother because it has a firing pulse every 90 degrees, compared to every 120 degrees in a V6 engine.
- While the Dyson V6 and V8 share many features in common, the V8 is generally considered to be the more advanced model.
- While a V6 engine can compete with a V8 in many aspects, the one area where it falls short is sound. Although some V6 engines can produce impressive sounds, none can match the raw and primal roar that a V8 engine produces.
- The V8 has a more powerful motor than the V6, providing better suction power and cleaning performance.
- The V8 comes with more accessories and attachments than the V6, including a mini motorized tool for cleaning pet hair.
- Both the V6 and V8 models have their pros and cons, with the V6 being a more budget-friendly option and the V8 offering more advanced features in the Dyson V6 vs V8 showdown.
Dyson 966084-01 Motor Head
To ensure compatibility, please verify that the model number of your vacuum matches the Gray/Purple/Red motorhead assembly rated at 35W.
This motorhead assembly is specifically designed to work seamlessly with DC59 Motorhead, DC72, SV04, SV06, and SV09 Absolute model vacuums.
By using this motorhead assembly, you can expect optimal performance from your vacuum cleaner.
It has been engineered to efficiently clean carpets, rugs, and other surfaces, leaving them spotless and free of debris. Additionally, the assembly is built to last, ensuring that you get the most out of your investment.
In summary, if you want to ensure that your vacuum cleaner is operating at peak performance, make sure to use the Gray/Purple/Red motorhead assembly rated at 35W, which is compatible with several models, including DC59 Motorhead, DC72, SV04, SV06, and SV09 Absolute.
Additionally, the aforementioned vacuum models are referred to by other names, including the DC59 (V6 Cordless), DC72 (V6 Digital Slim Animal Cordless), SV04 (V6 Cordless Stick Fuschia), SV06 (V6 Fluffy Cordless), and SV09 (V6 Absolute Cordless). It’s worth noting that the OEM has authorized part number 966084-01.
Before proceeding with your purchase, please ensure that your Dyson vacuum model corresponds to the models listed above.
If it does not match, the replacement part will not fit your Dyson vacuum. Please keep in mind that Dyson produces various replacement parts that fit different models that may look similar in color, which means you need to confirm that the model numbers match.
- By simply clicking the new part into place, you can directly vacuum.
- It collects so much more dirt and dust because of the new bristles and better soon action.
- The OEM is an improved one over the previous model.
- It appears to have stronger suction, and the bristles are almost free from any hair tangles.
- This vacuum is lightweight and effortless to handle.
- It doesn’t require bags, and the bin is easy to empty.
- The battery life lasts long enough without recharging.
- A bit expensive.
- This vacuum performs well on hardwood floors, but it’s not effective on carpets.
- Limited life.
The Dyson V6 vs V8 debate comes down to personal preferences and cleaning needs.
Both the V6 and V8 vacuum cleaners are highly effective for cleaning floors due to their powerful suction capabilities.
However, I recommend the V8 as the superior option for performance due to its upgraded bin design and longer battery life, which ensure thorough cleaning.
While the V8 has slightly lower suction power in normal mode, it performs exceptionally well in maximum mode.
Furthermore, the V8 includes Dyson’s best floor heads for optimal cleaning on both hard floors and carpets, features which are not present on the V6. Overall, I believe the V8 is the best choice for a Dyson vacuum cleaner.